Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Bean Mascarpone, Honey and Granola
- 6 firm but ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tsp olive oil, plus more for brushing grill
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- Seeds of 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup honey oat granola (or substitute 1/3 cup chopped nuts such as walnuts or pecans)
- 12 fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint leaves
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 375 – 400 degrees. Meanwhile in a mixing bowl fold vanilla beans and vanilla extract into mascarpone until well combined, chill until ready to use.
- Brush the tops of peach halves with olive oil then brush grill lightly with olive oil and grill flesh side down about 3 minutes or until they have nice grill marks, then carefully rotate (use a grill spatula as they may stick a little) and grill about 3 minutes longer, or until peaches have softened but still hold their shape. Remove from grill, add a spoonful of the mascarpone to each peach (using two spoons, one to scoop and one to scrape and drop it), drizzle with honey, sprinkle with about 1/3 of the granola over top (just so you don’t cover the peaches entirely) and garnish with a raspberry and mint. Serve with remaining granola on individual plates and serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy