Kale Orange Salad
- 1 bunch curly kale (about 9 oz), thick ribs removed, remaining thinly sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced into rounds then halved (navel orange can be substituted)
- 2 mandarin oranges, peeled and segmented
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh orange juice*
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (do scant if using table salt)
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- For the salad:
- Add kale, half of the almonds, half of the green onions and the mandarin oranges to a salad bowl. Pour over vinaigrette dressing then toss salad. Top with remaining almonds and green onions, add blood oranges and goat cheese and serve.
- For the vinaigrette:
- In a mixing bowl whisk together all ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
- *If you don’t want to buy a navel orange for the juice you could sub mandarin orange juice if you bought a pack of them.
- Recipe source: inspired by Spoon Fork Bacon