Almond Poppy Seed Chicken Salad Sandwiches
- 1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, chilled and diced into small cubes*
- 1 1/3 cups red grapes, halved
- 3/4 cup small diced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions (green portion only)
- 2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt (I used Fage for this since it has a thicker consistency)
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- For the dressing:
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl until well combined.
- For the salad:
- Add all chicken salad ingredients to a large mixing bowl or a salad bowl. Add dressing and toss to evenly coat. Store in refrigerator. Serve within 1 – 2 hours for best results (it’s still good for another day but the almonds soften a little and the grapes juices run into the dressing).
- *To cook the chicken, I lined a rimmed baking sheet with foil. I pounded chicken to an even thickness and brushed both sides of the chicken lightly with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper and roasted in a preheated 425 degree oven until center registered 165 (this will take anywhere from 15 – 25 minutes depending on thickness of chicken breasts). Then let chill through in the fridge.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy