Homemade Buttermilk Ranch
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (full-fat)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup natural sour cream
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dried chives (I use the freeze dried kind)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced (3/4 tsp)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 – 2 tbsp milk to thin if needed
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk, sour cream, parsley, chives, onion powder and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste (about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. It should be on the salty side as it will be seasoning the salad). Thin with milk if needed (if the buttermilk you used was thick you’ll probably need a little milk to thin, if the buttermilk was thin then you probably won’t need any milk. Note that the dressing should be on the thicker side though). If you have time let it rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld better. Serve over salad*.
- *My favorite side salad is either romaine or iceberg lettuce, shredded red cabbage, shredded carrots, diced Roma tomatoes, shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese and croutons with this ranch.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy