Three Bean Salad
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
- 12 oz. fresh green beans, ends trimmed, diced into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 (15 oz) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained well
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion, rinsed under warm water and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- In a small mixing bowl or jar whisk together olive oil, vinegar, honey, mustard and salt, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Meanwhile fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and water and set aside. Once water is boiling, add green beans and allow to boil about 3 – 4 minutes until tender. Drain and immediately transfer to ice water. Let rest for a few seconds then drain well.
- Add green beans, dark and light red kidney beans, bell pepper, red onion and parsley to a salad bowl. Whisk dressing mixture until well combined then pour over salad. Toss to evenly coat. Serve immediately.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy