Slow Cooker Creamed Corn
The easiest creamed corn recipe! And for another layer of flavor top it with crispy bacon bits and fresh green onions. This is the perfect comforting side dish and such a breeze to make!
- 2 (16 oz) bags frozen petite corn
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar or honey
- 3/4 tsp salt, then more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, diced into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, diced into cubes
- 4 slices diced and cooked bacon(optional)
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion (optional)
Place corn in a 3.5 quart – 6 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle in sugar, salt and pepper.
Pour in milk then scatter cream cheese and butter over corn. Cover and cook on high 2 – 2 1/2 hours or low 4 – 5 hours.
Stir mixture well (it will seem curdled at first but will blend after stirring. If you want it a little thicker let it rest about 10 minutes with slow cooker turned off).
Sprinkle or stir in bacon and green onions. Serve warm.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy