- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) milk
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups (283g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 5 Tbsp (70g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (96g) rainbow jimmies sprinkles, plus more for serving
- Whipped cream for serving (optional)
- 2 cups (246g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup half and half, then more if needed
- 3 Tbsp salted butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat a non-stick electric griddle to about 375 degrees. In a liquid measuring cup, measure out milk then add lemon juice and whisk together, let rest 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, make a well in center of flour mixture. In a separate large mixing bowl whisk eggs together until blended then pour in milk mixture, almond extract and vanilla extract and whisk mixture until well blended. Pour and mix in melted butter. Pour milk mixture into well in flour mixture and whisk to combine slightly, then add sprinkles and whisk until batter is blended but still slightly lumpy (don’t over-mix or pancakes won’t be fluffy). If needed spritz griddle with non-stick cooking spray (if it has a good non-stick coating you may not need it), then pour batter out into rounds about 1/4 cup at a time onto griddle. Cook until golden brown on bottom then flip and cook on opposite side until golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla glaze, whipped cream and more sprinkles.
- For the glaze:
- In a mixing bowl whisk together powdered sugar, half and half, butter and vanilla until well blended. Add in more half and half just a little at a time to thin if needed. Cover bowl with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy