Chicken Avocado Salad
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts, grilled then cooled 10 minutes and diced*
- Romaine lettuce (you’ll need about 2/3 of 1 head)
- 2 small avocadoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely shredded or shaved parmesan cheese
- 4 burrito size whole wheat or white tortillas
- 2/3 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light-mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, mashed finely to a paste (1 1/2 tsp paste)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 small garlic cloves, pressed through a garlic crusher
- 2 Tbsp water, or as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the dressing:
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, add in water to thin 1 Tbsp at a time (it should be a somewhat thick dressing). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- For the wraps:
- Layer tortillas with lettuce, grilled chicken, avocados, tomatoes, and parmesan. Spoon dressing over tops and wrap. Serve immediately.
- *This is how I prepared and grilled the chicken – preheat grill over medium-high heat to about 425. Pound chicken breast to even thickness then brush both sides lightly with olive oil. In a small bowl whisk together 1 tsp Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/8 tsp garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of chicken. Grill about 4 minutes per side on preheated grill or until center registers 165 on an instant read thermometer.
- Recipe source: Cooking Classy