- 3 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, adjust to taste*
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets, skin-on or skinless
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Lime wedges for serving
- In a small mixing bowl stir together brown sugar, lime juice, lime zest, butter and cayenne pepper.
- Place salmon fillets in a dish. Spoon and spread lime mixture over tops and sides of salmon if using skin-on salmon, if using skinless spread mixture over top and bottom of salmon (use up all of the mixture). Let marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with Reynolds Kitchens Unbleached Parchment Paper. Place salmon on parchment, leaving space between fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven until salmon flakes easily with a fork, about 12 – 15 minutes (cook time will vary based on thickness of fillets).
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve warm with lime wedges for spritzing over salmon.
*1/2 tsp is spicy! If you don’t like heat then reduce amount to taste or omit.